Quote of the moment

"I really can't deny it, I am who I am. I'm pretty normal. I'm not that smooth type of girl. I run into things, I trip, I spill food. I say stupid things...I really don't have it all together."

~Katie Holmes

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Toddler Chore Chart

After much debate and deliberation I decided that my 3 year old daughter needed a little help and motivation to help remind her life isn’t all fun and games and there is responsibilities. My solution to this issue was to make a very simple chore chart that lists daily tasks that she needs to do. I did not find exactly what I was looking for after searching the internet; I did find lots of ideas and inspiration. These are the chores that are on her chart right now. I may change them a little over the next few months.

-Put Away Toys
-Comb Hair
-Brush Teeth
-Feed Lil Girl
-Take Vitamin
-Listen
-Go to bed on time
As she completes each “chore” we put a sticker (or star drawn with marker if stickers are MIA) on the chart. I do not have a reward system in place yet. My idea is to decorate a container; I have a large empty oatmeal canister, and inside put slips of paper with fun and creative activities we could do. I don’t want to spend a lot of money on these activities or make them too involved or messy. Any ideas would be great. I have nearly two weeks off from work so I'm hoping to get several craft projects marked off my never ending list. After I get the canister decorated I will post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment