Quote of the moment

"I really can't deny it, I am who I am. I'm pretty normal. I'm not that smooth type of girl. I run into things, I trip, I spill food. I say stupid things...I really don't have it all together."

~Katie Holmes

Sunday, December 26, 2010

My diamond in a rough....

I am so excited to show off what I found today. To start off with I see so many bloggers that find great deals on furniture that just needs a little TLC. Well check this out, all of my searching craigslist has finally paid off. Isn't it pretty?

I can't wait to get started, now I just have to decide if I want to paint, which I doubt it that wood grain is too nice, or stain. I leaning toward staining, the current stain does not really go with the rest of my decor so I will have to strip the whole thing. Unfortunately this will be a spring job, it's just too cold outside. Dang Oklahoma winters, it did get above freezing today, barely I think the high was 36.

After looking at it some more can you guess how much I paid? This is the best part....$15. That's right a mere $15. It is made very solid, I took my builder, handyman, contractor and furniture re finisher (aka step-Dad) along with me to make sure it had good bones. He gave the thumbs up. Heck, for $15 you can't hardly go wrong. One last look, check out the molding. I can just see it all finished. I will post updates after I finish it.
I will take any suggestions on tips and ideas. What's the best face lift project you have tackled?

No comments:

Post a Comment